The Blackline Academy : A school for GFX. Teaching you, teaching me.

My smudges

Nabeel95
    Noob!

Man Points : 0

My smudges

Post  Nabeel95 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:56 am

Well basically I've been doing sigs for some time now but currently I've been really impressed by the smudge sigs that I keep stumbling on every now and then. So I decided to learn this particular style and here's some recent work.

Newest to oldest in order. The last 3 ones are bit old compared to the first 2 though

zenron
    zenron
    Admin

Man Points : 12

Re: My smudges

Post  zenron on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:39 am

I don't actually follow you on DA, but I've still seen all of these smudges around the place. Anyway, allow me to hold your head under the putrescent waters of knowledge for a second here, so I can give you a bit of CnC.

I think the main problem that people have with smudge sigs is that they don't spend enough time getting the little details right, or even focusing on the little details at all. 2,3 and 5 are prime examples of this fact. Like, look at the amount of detail in the works of Pochy for example, and notice the amount of really tiny smudging and the minute differentials between shades of different colours.

I guess though, all your really need is practice and I can't really help you with that. That first one is pretty nice and I think that is a real step forward for you. Mainly because of the colours and the lighting.
    robbierotten
    robbierotten

Man Points : 7

Post  robbierotten on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Reali like the first one ...stands out from the rest to me
    Nabeel95
    Noob!

Man Points : 0

Post  Nabeel95 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:52 pm

zenron wrote:
    I think the main problem that people have with smudge sigs is that they don't spend enough time getting the little details right, or even focusing on the little details at all. 2,3 and 5 are prime examples of this fact. Like, look at the amount of detail in the works of Pochy for example, and notice the amount of really tiny smudging and the minute differentials between shades of different colours.

I see what you mean. I'm myself aware of the fact that I'm really bad with color transitions Razz But I will try to work on the tinier elements next time. Thanks
    LOLLOLAGE
    LOLLOLAGE
    Noob!

Man Points : 1

Post  LOLLOLAGE on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Well better than I can do in smudging xD
    harbinger297
    Noob!

Man Points : 1

Post  harbinger297 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:58 am

Really nice smudgework, I think as zenron said to get to the next level you just need to focus on the detailing. But really good stuff, keep up the good work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:33 pm