BlackLine Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blackline Academy : A school for GFX. Teaching you, teaching me.

3 posters

Best of my work

Sonic023
    Sonic023
    Noob!

Man Points : 0

Best of my work Empty Best of my work

Post  Sonic023 Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:19 am

Best of my work Bird_brain_by_ant_h_raxx-d41ljd9
    Best of my work Simply_red_by_ant_h_raxx-d41almv
    Best of my work Paper_plane_by_ant_h_raxx-d412jvm
    Best of my work Jules_small_by_ant_h_raxx-d3l9w7s
    Best of my work Blueshirtv3_by_ant_h_raxx-d3l5bb8
    Best of my work Nogoodname_by_ant_h_raxx-d3kra2l
    Best of my work Thinkheart_by_ant_h_raxx-d3kf29q
    Best of my work Flying_1_by_ant_h_raxx-d39wobj
    Best of my work Guy_with_a_hat_by_ant_h_raxx-d38s1rt
    Best of my work Infamous_by_ant_h_raxx-d38jbzn
    Best of my work Jabbawockeez_v3_by_ant_h_raxx-d38jc1q
    Best of my work Afro_ninja_by_Ant_H_raXX
    Best of my work Afroninja2_by_Ant_H_raXX

Newest are at the top Smile

hope you guys like them

and i expect good critics from zenron on what i need to fix in my works Smile
    Buscape
    Buscape
    Noob!

Man Points : 1

Best of my work Empty Re: Best of my work

Post  Buscape Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:01 am

Wow,impressive works Dude Very Happy

luvin that kind of art you make your Pulp Fiction Sig of Jules

got great tags...keep it up
    zenron
    zenron
    Admin

Man Points : 12

Post  zenron Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 am

You've posted a lot of sigs there, so it's hard to pin down any one sig for CnC. I'll try to give a good overview though.

I think one of your main problems in these tags is the contrast(1,5,6,Cool. For a sig to look appealing, you have to have a good balance between light and dark, or the sigs will just look boring and the depth will be lessened because their is a lack of realism in the tag. Under-contrasting things can look good in some situations, but I don't think you're applying it well here.

Another thing which I think you should work on is colour schemes. A lot of people when they haven't learnt otherwise tend to only use different shades of the same colour when they're making a sig, and this really isn't the way to go. You've done the same here(1,2,11,12). Try to incorporate more colour into your tags because a tag being "monochromatic" is kind of boring to be honest.

Final thing that I think you need to work on is lighting. You have the same problem as Sonti on this one, so I'm just going to paste in the reply that I sent to him. "Soft brushing can work, you just need to change the colour of it to fit with your colour scheme. Then after you've done a little light brushing with it, try changing the layer mode around and seeing what the outcome is. I find colour dodge and linear dodge work well for this. You just need to work at it, because it does work for most sigs. Normally, what I do is turn the layer to colour dodge before I've done anything and turn the brush opacity down to 30%. Then I begin. That way I can get a lot more control over what the outcome is. Using the dodge/burn tool can help as well. It gives a more realistic feel to the lighting".

Oh and, that vector is awesome man. Easily the best thing in the lineup you gave Smile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content